Enjoy the beautiful combination of flavours and textures in this Pumpkin, Rocket and Feta Cheese Salad. It’s one of the easiest salads l make, and with the vibrant colours of the pumpkin and rocket, it looks spectacular on a large platter.
Recipe requests, more often than not, come from people who know me personally. Sometimes it’s a hint, “I really love one pot recipes” or “I can’t wait until you post gozleme with lamb”.
Other times, it’s a little more direct, especially if it’s from one of my daughters; “Mum, can you make this?”
This is a “Mum, can you make this?” recipe which was torn from a magazine. Apart from a heading, ‘Winter Entertaining’, the torn sheet didn’t include the name of the publication.
It really doesn’t matter, as l have adapted this recipe to make it my own.
The pumpkin is sweet and just a little caramelised, the feta adds the creamy saltiness, the rocket gives the salad an earthy freshness, the nuts add crunch and texture, all dressed in an olive oil and vinegar dressing.
Pumpkin, Rocket and Feta Cheese Salad is healthy, vibrant and seriously delicious.
- 1/2 Kent pumpkin (note 1)
- 1/2 cup toasted almond flakes
- 1 tbsp sunflower kernels (note 2)
- 100 g / 3.5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 handfuls rocket / arugula
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- Line a large baking tray with paper. Place pumpkin in a single layer on the tray. Lightly spray or brush with olive oil.
- Roast the pumpkin for 20 minutes or until just tender, turning half way through cooking time.
- Transfer to serving platter with the rocket, feta cheese, almond flakes and kernels.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small jar. Shake well. Drizzle over the salad.
- Serve immediately.
- Select a small Kent pumpkin, deseed and cut into 2 cm / 3/4″ wedges.
- Sunflower kernels can be substituted with pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or if you feel like splurging, use lightly toasted pine nuts. .